Even though a writing a profitable blog can give you an incredible freedom of time, you’ll find that those that have a successful blogging business know the importance of a daily routine.
There are two very important benefits to establishing a daily blogging routine. The first is that you become very proficient at what you’re doing.
You get very good at what you do
If you’ve ever watched two people playing ping-pong. They will use their paddles to hit that little ball back and forth, seemingly on and on. To an observer, it may seem to get a bit monotonous. But they’re really into it. They’re actually enjoying it.
How could someone enjoy hitting a little ball back and forth across a table … for HOURS?? The answer is they simply got very good at it.
We can do the same with our blogging routine. If we accomplish the various aspects of our blogging business repeatedly by schedule, we’ll develop a routine.
My blogging Routine
For example, I answer emails, blog and Facebook comments every morning. I choose my 2 blogging subjects for the week and do my Keyword research on Sunday night.
- Monday night I write the first blog post.
- Tuesday night, I write an email to my list presenting the link to my first blog of the week.
- Wednesday night, I write my second blog of the week.
- Thursday night, I send out an email to my email list with a link to the second blog.
- (Every 4th email, I direct traffic solely to my affiliate offer).
- Friday night is Facebook day. I post both blog posts on my Facebook business page. I boost one and create an ad for the other directing traffic to my funnel for my email list and then the blog post.
- Saturday afternoon I spend a couple of hours training. This is the time I invest in professional education. This is essential. The internet and marketing techniques are continually changing. Especially for an old Baby-Boomer like myself, it’s important to keep a sharp skill-set.
Now, this schedule allows me to work my 9 – 5 job each day. But meanwhile, by sacrificing only some of my free time, I’m building a business that will help fund my retirement.
But as you might imagine, doing this each day becomes routine. When you’re into your routine you don’t have the stress of trying to figure things out. It’s all laid out for you. You actually get to enjoy it, because – to put it simply, you get good at it.
A routine moves you forward
The second benefit is that it keeps you moving forward. What I mean by that is, each week you
move closer to your financial goal.
It’s kind of like riding a bicycle. Each rotation of the peddles brings you forward. True, it’s repetitive. Yes, it’s the same motion over and over. But these actions are getting you where you need to go. The same applies to having a routine.
And the great thing is that not only will your readers love you for your publishing good content regularly, but Google will too.
The end result will be a change in your way of living. The 9 -5 job replaced by time you can control along with the freedom to live and work from anywhere you choose. But it all starts with knowing the importance of a daily routine.
If you want to learn more about this and many more subjects pertaining to blogging, check out my review of “Wealthy Affiliate”…